Holy moly, December was a craaaaazy month for me! I had 6 wedding in a two week span, and I’m finally sharing one of them! It was a cold, but sunny and clear day, and Marci and Travis thought the best way to celebrate their 5-year dating anniversary was to get freaking married!! Texas Old Town is such a pretty wedding venue in between San Antonio and Austin, and has so many beautifully grown trees throughout the whole place. They created a winter wonderland wedding, with hints of silver and snowflakes all over. When I got there, all the girls were getting their makeup done and Marci looked absolutely phenomenal! There were mimosas and coffee, and everyone was cozy in the little cabin of a getting ready room. Let me just list out a few of my favorite things about this wedding.
- Of course, the first look is number one. I LOVE FIRST LOOKS!! I took Travis to this gorgeous bricked isle on the side of the venue that was lined with trees and plants. Marci came up behind him while his eyes were closed, and gave him the sweetest hug as the anticipation built and built. It was so sweet and intimate as they turned to look at each other. Then, they swapped letters and quietly read the others’ words. I will say over and over how much I love first looks!
- Marci’s dress! Okay she got it online, which let us all admire her bravery because there are horror stories out there, am I right?? But the best part about it was that NO ONE HAS SEEN THIS DRESS. Her mom hadn’t even seen it before it was on! So that made the reveal to the bridesmaids and her parents that much more exciting.
- The bridal party was a blast! TEN groomsmen and ten bridesmaids! To me, that is so many people, but I guess that just means Marci and Travis are super popular?
- Okay possibly my FAVORITE moment of this day was when the girls were getting ready to pray over Marci, and one of the groomsmen comes to me and says, “Hey, when you’re done here the guys are going to be doing something similar in our room.” Sweet, makes sense. Then I go up to the guys’ room and I realize that apparently toasting and chugging some beer qualifies as “something similar” hahaha.
- Obviously the reception, because this group of people know how to party. It felt like everyone that was there was on the dance floor and I loved it!
There are so many other parts of this day that were so special, but it would take forever to list them all. I’m just thankful to have played a small role in celebrating Travis and Marci’s 5 year dating anniversary and wedding!! Love you guys!
Venue: Texas Old Town
Coordinator: Wallis Events
HMUA: Jessie Davis
DJ: Ryan Ortiz